Wednesday, December 12, 2007

MCRBride's Wedding Review


















Venue:
The Foundry
42-38 Ninth St.
Long Island City, NY 11101
west side of 9th Street
between Queens Plaza South & 43rd Ave
http://nycib2.blogspot.com/2006/08/places-foundry-mcrbrides- location.html

The Foundry was such a huge hit. Everyone loved it. The space was so unique that were able to do some really nice things with it. The people and staff there were so helpful and friendly too. Allison was a huge help the day of the wedding, and the doorman called cars for all of the guests and helped out a lot.

Caterer & Florist:
Monica Byrne of Roquette Catering
Roquette Catering
Tini Wine bar Cafe
414 Van Brunt St
Brooklyn NY 11231
http://nycib2.blogspot.com/2006/11/caterer-caterer-check.htm l

Monica prepared such a unique and tasty menu, not to mention decorating the Foundry beautifully (ALL flowers/arrangements and overall look)!

My family is Puerto Rican and she researched and cooked delicious Puerto Rican style pork as well as steak and chicken. Awesome!
My family has been raving and so have my husband and I since the wedding about how wonderful everything looked and tasted and this was all due to Monica’s amazing talents.
She is seriously gifted!
I could go on on on, email me if you want me to lol.

DOC:
Francesca Leonardini of Dazzling Affairs
T: 516-887-0199
C: 516-455-1751
F: 516-887-3130
http://nycib2.blogspot.com/2006/09/planning-wedding-planners .html

Francesca made the whole night flow. She made sure me and my husband were stress free! She even drove out to Jersey City the day before the wedding from Long Island to pick up some things from me to make my week easier. Such a big help!
*Our one complaint is she forgot a copy of the seating chart, luckily my husband and I basically remembered where everyone went for the Mezzanine.

Officiant:
Rev. Hilda Gieco
21 Sanford Court
Valley Stream
New York, NY
Phone: (347) 531-9485
Email: aridm@aol.com
http://nycib2.blogspot.com/2006/09/ceremonies-officiantcheck .html

Exactly what we wanted. A short, simple, classy ceremony. Very customizable and friendly throughout the process.
*We only wish we had given her a mic, none of the guests in back could hear her. Luckily our videographer said she has it all captured.

Photographer:
Eva Dahl
http://nycib2.blogspot.com/2006/08/photographers-eva-dahl.ht ml
http://nycib2.blogspot.com/2007/04/photographers-eva-dahl-ph otoshoot.html

Eva shot the pics for our website and they came out exactly how I’d pictured it.
I got the final product a few weeks ago and love it! Her black and whites, her colors everything.
Her style is exactly what we wanted, and I'm very happy with the end result!

Videographer:
Motoko Fukuyama of Love in Progress

Not only did Motoko and her assistant cover the whole event, but they even danced while they were taking video during the dance sessions! Lots of fun.
I found them to be great, for some peoples taste her assistant might have been a bit unprofessional, but I wasn’t looking for that type of coverage. He was a bit too chatty with some of my guests and I often saw him without a video camera in hand.
They are definitely more Indie, which I really loved.
Motoko herself was amazing, really easy to get along with and I always saw her shooting away.
The DVD came out great, she captured alot of great moments. Its how I wanted, sort of documentary with a music video type of touch to it.
One of the best wedding videos I've seen for sure. I've had some great compliments on it.

Dance Class:
Kerensa of Ballroom Dance NYC

My husband can NOT dance and we actually looked good during the wedding dance due to Kerensa. Very patient and made the dance easy to understand, remember, and execute.
She gave us moves for our intro, our first dance, the end of the dance, mother/son dance and the father/daughter dance.

Grooms party Suits:
Linus NYC.
160 Spring St
New York, NY 10012
(917) 237-0222
http://nymag.com/shopping/

Husbands tie from LINUS, the others are DKNY from Macy’s.
Linus is a small company that gave us great customer service, a nice deal on the 3 suit package (husband and 2 groomsmen), and the European cut was just what we were looking for. Very friendly staff too.

Tailor:
Hong Kong Tailor Jack
136 Waverly Pl Ste 2
New York, NY 10014-6821
Phone: (212) 675-0818
http://nymag.com/bestofny/shopping/2007/28781/

While we loved Linus, researching online I saw that their alterations weren’t getting such ravs. So my husbands suit was done by Hong Kong Tailor Jack.

Bridesmaid Dresses:
Jenny Yoo

A bit pricey, but I loved the look of these dresses. One of my bridesmaids though totally didn’t get hers fitted properly so it looked a bit loose in the boobs. I fault her rather than Jenny Yoo.

Favors:
My husband’s Uncle is a pastry chef, so he made us chocolate toffee brittle.

Limo Company:
Romantique Limos

They came early and hung out until we were ready. Limos were a bit smaller than the promised number (luckily the videographer had her own car to the venue or we might not have fit!).

Hotel:
The Mercer
147 Mercer St, New York, NY 10012
(212) 966-6060

Gorgeous hotel room! They upgraded us to a suite for our wedding weekend and it was HUGE! We miss the hotel already. The staff had everything we needed from Advil to recommendations for spas and food and were extremely nice and professional.
Really expensive, but it really made us feel special and just loved the location and hotel.

Undergarments:
Bra Tenders
630 Ninth Avenue (at W. 44th Street)?Suite 601?New York, NY 10036

Come with a picture of your dress or an idea and they can hook you up with what you need. Raquel there matched me with a Long Line Bra and pair of Spanx.

Dress:-Audrey at Kleinfelds.
Some girls have had horror stories from Kleinfeld’s, I had my best shopping experience there.
Its totally who you see there that shapes your experience, and Audrey is amazing.
I felt no pressure to buy, and she even told me I'd be better off coming back for the Henry Roth Sample Sale a month later.
When I came back, Henry Roth had decided to close shop, so I got a sample dress on a crazy discount.( More than half off.)

-2nd dress:
Macy’s really cheap.
I’m glad I did this, for the last hour I got to really enjoy myself and dance my butt off.

Makeup:
Mia Hendrickson of the Bridal Lounge
I just love Mia. I find her to be so calming and collected. She did an amazing job on me and all my girls!
Also a strange coincidence, she had actually done the hair and makeup for my mom’s wedding about 5 years earlier, but I had COMPLETLEY forgotten!

Hair:
Antonio of Devachan
560 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
(212) 274-8686

I had some scheduling issues with Devachan a few months before the wedding.
Finally all was settled and I had Francis booked, the best up style do guy there.
Well a few days before the wedding I get a call from Devachan that Francis was murdered a few days before the wedding!!
Through that incredibly stressful time they came through and Antonio stood in and did an amazing job.
His assistant Jessica was wonderful as well!

Guitarist:
Beledo from A Starry Night Elegant Disc Jockeys

Played beautifully during the cocktail hour and the recessional.
*One minus: We had discussed on the phone different song choices for the processional and recessional. I had told him that our father daughter dance was "here Comes the Son" by the Beatles, after he suggested it for the recessional and not to use it.
He had played it in the mix during the cocktail hour, I'm sure no one noticed but me.

Cupcakes:
Out of the Kitchen

The location has moved South to the corner of Leroy and Hudson.
We tried TONS of cupcake places. This place had the best cupcakes and delivered the day of the wedding to make it all easier. We still have some cupcakes saved in our fridge, they were so good!
The manager there was extremely nice.

Rings:
ID Jewelry
http://nycib2.blogspot.com/2006/08/rings-mcrbrides-engagemen t-ring.html

The first time we were looking for rings the staff here took the time to explain so much about rings to us. VERY helpful and knowledgable staff, as well as being friendly. We got great deals on all 3 of our rings, and we always felt like they were being honest with us. They gave us a copy of the engagement ring’s certificate and said, “Shop it around, you won’t beat our price”. We definitely couldn’t even find a price close to it. Great, great business!

Earrings:
Saks Fifth Avenue Adriana Orsini.

Bracelet & Hair Pins:
Regina B.

Programs, place cards, bathroom baskets:
DIY.

DJ:
A friend DJ'd. He had an amazing mix of Salsa.

Invitations:
A co-worker made them. Loved them.

My Shoes:
Colorrifics Andie bought through Discoutn Elegant Bridal (http://wise-bride.com/).
After Zappos didnt' have my size I went with them and I had no problems.

Shoe Dying:
Kiddie Gummers
107 Clinton St
New York, NY 10002
(212) 253-1488

After Andy’s Shoes in Chelsea failed us more than once, we went to Kiddie Gummers, who did a great job in a short amount of time and fixed the mess that Andy had made.

Flip Flops for flip flop bucket:
Old Navy

Honeymoon:
Rome and Florence Italy.

-Rome: Albergo del Senato
http://www.albergodelsenato.it/

The location of the Albergo Del Senato in Rome was perfect. SO close to the Pantheon that we felt as if we could reach out and touch it. The staff was a bit stiff and seemed unfriendly, but the room and view made up for it.

-Florence: Santa Maria Novella
http://www.hotelsantamarianovella.it/eng/index_eng.htm

The Santa Maria Novella in Florence was the opposite. GREAT staff, but the Piazza the hotel overlooked was under construction so the location wasn’t ideal. The room was huge. EVERY restaurant the staff recommended was great even down to little gelaterias and pizza places they recommended.

Email me if you have any questions mrc_1106@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home