Monday, August 21, 2006

Registries : Register for money?

"Although some couples have come up with creative ways to ask for gifts, money, or charitable donations on their wedding invitations, the truth of the matter is that doing so is rude."
-Quoted from About.com
http://weddings.about.com/od/weddingregistry/a/moneyinstead.htm

So I've been thinking about how much, and what, I should register for. I'm afraid if I don't register for enough things, that I'll end up either not getting anything or stuff I don't necessarily need or want.

By the time me and my fiance get married, we'll be together almost 10 years, and we'll have been in this apartment for 5. Maybe it seems selfish, but i don't want to end up with things stored in the tiny closet space I have that I don't need.

Basically, the only thing we need is money towards buying our first apartment, or our first home. We have dishware, towels, and all of the things that are in registries. Do you think it would be rude to start a contribution fund for our first house? It would be the thing that would help us most in starting our new life together.


There are many registries out there, for money, honeymoons etc.
Ex: A Perfect Wedding Gift
The Honeymoon
Honeymoon Wishes

Some people consider it rude, while others do not. What do you all think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home