Sunday, September 03, 2006

Planning : Wedding Planners

What do you do when you're PMSing and your fiance is sick?
Stay in, go online and watch Whose Wedding is it Anyway? of course.
I really, really hope I don't end up treating people they way that some of these brides do. Some of those planners are really intense--also they are saints for handling the brides the way they do.
Knowing me and the way I stress out, I took preventive measures to keep myself as sane as possible for my wedding--we hired a day of wedding planner.
Along with a few other IB's (Shadycat is one) I hired Francesca from
Dazzling Affairs

She's located in Long Island but does weddings in NYC too. She even picked up me and my fiance from the LIRR train station, so we could come meet with her.

This is the package I'm getting that was written on her site:
A Day Of Coordinator gets involved 4 to 6 week prior to the event to touch base with vendors & to ensure a seamless execution of all your prior planning. This is the total supervision of “the day of” from the morning to the end of the event so that you can have a stress-free day.

This package is best suited for a bride and groom who are able to oversee details but require a professional around to make sure things run smoothly on the day of the event.
Available via email and phone anytime
3 in-person meetings starting 6 weeks prior to your wedding day
Review all contracts and contact all vendors
Set up a “Day Of” timeline
Coordinate all vendors based on final timeline decisions
First vendor to arrive to make sure all other vendors are ready to go on time
Receiving deliveries and greeting vendors on wedding day
Lining up and cueing the wedding party when it is time to walk down the aisle
Gathering family members/wedding party for photographs
Ensuring proper placement of wedding favors
Wedding programs, wedding bubbles, exit petals, disposable cameras, etc.
Work closely with Maitre-d’ and bridal attendant
Making sure that band, dj and mc play all songs requested
Guiding you graciously through your day
Keeping track of specialty items and then packing everything up
Distributing gratuities or final payments to all vendors
Arranging transportation for you
Ensure vendors provide services as requested
Wedding Emergency Kits - from needle & thread to glue guns - we carry it all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all,

I read up on what everyone is planning on indiebrides.com (My fiance and I got engaged at the end of April and have just started to go "venue shopping') and I find your info so helpful! I am really interested in The Foundry- but the website has been down for a while- anyone know what is going on? Pls email me at Tara@mjfbooks.com if you have info. :) Thanks in advance!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home